Systems Management Forums

Issues with OpenManage 7.1 on ESXi 5.1

Systems Management

Systems Management
Dell Systems Management Solutions: Dell OpenManage, iDRAC, Repository Manager, Microsoft SCCM, Chassis Managment Controller, and more

Issues with OpenManage 7.1 on ESXi 5.1

• I have to reboot my ESXi 5.1 (Essentials license) host to get OpenManage to work after about a week.  It starts with not being able to login, authentication failed.  Hardware is a PE 2950 with a MD1000.

If I issue a "/etc/init.d/wsman restart", I am able to log back into the website.  But I'm unable to see the raid controllers, shows "No storage controllers detected."

Sounds like I need to restart another service/script.  On the old 6.x versions, I just had to do a "dataeng restart" and everything came back.  But this file doesn't work in 7.1.

I'd appreciate any assistance so I don't have to reboot my ESXi host to get OpenManage SA to work.

• Hi and thanks for the post.

Can I ask you to post over in the general sys mgt forum?  I'm mostly knowledgeable about OME and want to be sure you can give your question a wider audience.

Thanks!

Rob

en.community.dell.com/.../4469.aspx

• Done, thanks.

Do you know what the latest version of OpenManage is for ESXi 5.1?  I have 7.1.0-6339.

• Hmmm...not an expert but you may need OM 7.2 (soon).  OM 7.1 was released in July.  ESXi 5.1 was around Sept. But better double check me.

Thanks,

Rob