Systems Management Forums

ESXi 4.1 and OME not getting SNMP, WSMAN is working

Systems Management

Systems Management
Dell Systems Management Solutions: Dell OpenManage, iDRAC, Repository Manager, Microsoft SCCM, Chassis Managment Controller, and more

ESXi 4.1 and OME not getting SNMP, WSMAN is working

• Gents, I deleted the second post as it was not entirely correct. I didn't mean to post it to be honest. I thought I had everything figured out on this server, but wanted to take a second look and get everything figured out before I trouble you with it.

At this point I'm trying to pinpoint the exact setting which causes this. I will post back.

• I have just determined that the box which has OME installed is the problem, not OME itself. I apologise for any inconveniences I may have caused. It was another vendor's application which played a part in this.

I'll make sure to thoroughly check the cause of the problem before notifying you guys in the future.

At this point all I have to say is Great Product!! Working great now.

• But you guys might want to look into the mass enable/disable I mentioned earlier. When you highlight more than 1 of the discovery ranges, the enable/disable options don't work. However Discovery and Inventory seem to work fine.

• I just upgraded to the latest version and this is no longer a problem.

• Thanks for the great feedback. Let us know if you run into other issues.