Systems Management Forums

The security database on the server does not have a computer account for this workstation trust relationship

Systems Management

Systems Management
Dell Systems Management Solutions: Dell OpenManage, iDRAC, Repository Manager, Microsoft SCCM, Chassis Managment Controller, and more

The security database on the server does not have a computer account for this workstation trust relationship

• Hi,

When I'm working in the OME webinterface I get the below error all of a  sudden. Can someone help me. 

The security database on the server does not have a computer account for this workstation trust relationship System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception (0x80004005): The security database on the server does not have a computer account for this workstation trust relationship at Helpers.Extensions.Impersonator..ctor(SystemAccount systemAccount, String domain, String userName, String password) in d:\jenkins\jobs\OME_1.0 Build\workspace\bandera_front_end\common\~Helpers\Impersonator.cs:line 134 at Helpers.Extensions.Impersonator..ctor(String domainName, String userName, String password) in d:\jenkins\jobs\OME_1.0 Build\workspace\bandera_front_end\common\~Helpers\Impersonator.cs:line 55 at DataProvider.Database.OpenSqlConnection(String initialDatabaseName) in d:\jenkins\jobs\OME_1.0 Build\workspace\bandera_front_end\process_logic\DataProvider\Database.cs:line 266 at DataProvider.DataConfig.DeviceDetailsData.GetPatchTasks() in d:\jenkins\jobs\OME_1.0 Build\workspace\bandera_front_end\process_logic\DataProvider\DataConfig\DeviceDetailsData.cs:line 213 at SmartConsole.Service.DataService.GetPatchTasks() in d:\jenkins\jobs\OME_1.0 Build\workspace\bandera_front_end\ui\SmartConsole\SmartConsole.Service\DataService.svc.cs:line 1246 * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * Local Stack Trace: SmartConsole.ErrorHandler >> Show SmartConsole.Controls.Patch.TaskExecutionArea >> proxy_GetPatchTasksCompleted SmartConsole.DataServiceReference.DataServiceClient >> OnGetPatchTasksCompleted System.RuntimeMethodHandle >> _InvokeMethodFast System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo >> Invoke System.Delegate >> DynamicInvokeImpl System.Delegate >> DynamicInvoke System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation >> Invoke System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher >> Dispatch System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher >> OnInvoke System.Windows.Hosting.CallbackCookie >> Invoke System.Windows.Hosting.ScriptingInterface >> InvokeDelegate System.Windows.Hosting.ManagedHost >> InvokeDelegate

Kind regards,

Ivo Frenken

• Hi and thanks for the post Ivo.

A few questions:

Can you confirm that the OME user that is logged in has proper access to the database?

When you raise the tooltip on the top-right part of the console that shows your account name (next to the About box button), does it show OmeGuest or OmeAdministrator?

What type of SQL authentication is set up?

Is this a local db (same box as OME) or remote?

Are you able to log directly into SQL using the same credentials?

Thanks

Rob

• So after thinking about it, you can disregard my last question regarding 'same credentials'.

But  more importantly,  is the user account used to log into SQL server on the same domain as the system OME is installed on?

Thanks,

Rob

• hi Rob,

I have installed the Microsoft SQL Server Express R2 SP1 from the OME installation package. I now use the same account to log in to the OME web as I used for installation.

The strange thing is that I could work in OME for 3 hours this morning, and than all of a sudden, I got the error (The security database on the server does not have a computer account for this workstation trust relationship System...). It's verry strange.

Kind regards,

Ivo Frenken

• Agreed.  Curious.  Glad you are up and running.  We'll review things on our side to see if there is anything we need to look at.  Regards, Rob