M620 automatic firmware updates via FTP?? - LC023: Cannot access network share. - Dell Systems Management General Forum - Systems Management - Dell Community
Systems Management Forums

M620 automatic firmware updates via FTP?? - LC023: Cannot access network share.

Systems Management

Systems Management
Dell Systems Management Solutions: Dell OpenManage, iDRAC, Repository Manager, Microsoft SCCM, Chassis Managment Controller, and more

M620 automatic firmware updates via FTP?? - LC023: Cannot access network share.

• Hi, 

Could someone please the settings to use in the update section via ftp, namely:

FTP Server Settings
    FTP Address 
    User Name 
    Password 
    Catalog Location 
    Catalog Filename (optional)

I've tried "ftp.dell.com", with login "anonymous" password an email (tried email with - in front as well), catalog location "/catalog" and catalog filename "catalog.cab"..

I keep getting this error:

LC023: Cannot access network share. Check network share access credentials (IP address, user name, password, share type, and so on). Refer to Lifecycle Controller Profile documentation for more details.

Can anyone advise on a solution here please.

TY

• Hi Teredactle,

Can you try with these settings instead:

FTP Address = Enter IP Address instead of ftp.dell.com  (ping ftp.dell.com to get the IP Address)

User Name, Password and Catalog Location = Leave them blank

Catalog Filename = catalog.xml

Let us know if this worked. If it did not work, please share your iDRAC network settings information.

Regards,

Dell-Mondeep

• Tried and am getting this error, regardless if I use IP or ftp.dell.com

RAC0618: Incorrect data entered.Make sure to enter the correct data and retry the operation.

Current IPv4 Settings

Attribute Value
    IPv4 Enabled Yes
    DHCP Enabled Yes
    Current IP Address 10.1.0.240
    Current Subnet Mask 255.255.255.0
    Current Gateway 10.1.0.1
    Use DHCP to obtain DNS server addresses No
    Current Preferred DNS Server 8.8.8.8
    Current Alternate DNS Server 0.0.0.0

• Can a browser on the same vlan connect??

• Yes, no problems connecting out.

I tried to SSH into the DRAC to run some troubleshooting from there, and for some reason the combination of login/password that works through web GUI is not accepted through SSH.

• Some firewall rule is only doing its job.....

• A firewall rule is preventing the password from working in a SSH session?

If you would like to share your solution, please do so - your one liner is helping noone.