Error Code: SA_106 SupportAssist nok working - Dell Systems Management General Forum - Systems Management - Dell Community
Systems Management Forums

Error Code: SA_106 SupportAssist nok working

Systems Management

Systems Management
Dell Systems Management Solutions: Dell OpenManage, iDRAC, Repository Manager, Microsoft SCCM, Chassis Managment Controller, and more

Error Code: SA_106 SupportAssist nok working

• Our OpenManager Essential version 2.2.0.2056 is working fine, but not SupportAssist. It use to work, but suddenly it gives the error in Devices, Inventory, Status:

Collection ErrorSupportAssist component is not available.
    If the problem persists, it may require log files to further troubleshoot. Contact Dell technical support for assistance.
    Error Code : SA_106

We get the error for all servers.

I have tried to uninstall and reinstall SupportAssist, but with no luck.

What can I do?

• Hi,

SupportAssist uses some components like DSET/LASSO to collect diagnostics information.

Once SupportAssist is installed it should automatically install the required components. If the components are not installed servers will reflect errors.

As of now what I can suggest is check if DSET (Dell System E-Support Tool) is installed in the management server.

If not installed you can directly download and install DSET from Dell website.

If the problem persists, please contact Dell Technical support with logs from C:\Program Files (x86)\Dell\Dell Integrated Support\logs

Regards
    Aniruddha S

• Hi, 

But i found this: 

Please note, the collection tool, Dell System E-Support Tool (DSET) has been retired and replaced by SupportAssist Enterprise as the primary collection tool to be used with Dell EMC technical support.

Does that mean that i should install SupportAssist Enterprise, even though I am using OpenManager Essential??

• Hi,

Apologies for the delay.

DSET has indeed been retired but you can continue to use it if you want. As of now the only implication of it is that there won't be any new releases of DSET.

Having said that SupportAssist Enterprise is the latest tool with better functionality. Unlike previous SupportAssist versions it is not dependent on OME. It can work on its own and at the same time co-exist with OME on the same box. Going forward(next release or so) the user can choose if SupportAssist Enterprise should work standalone or be integrated with OME as it used to previously.

To summarize, you can simply install DSET and continue working or uninstall the current SupportAssist version and install SupportAssist Enterprise.

Regards
    Aniruddha S

• I installed SupportAssist Enterprise, and now all is working;)