I have several R730 with iDRAC8 Enterprise.
I used racadm utility on Linux Centos 6.6 to connect to iDRACs, to power up/down servers.
After upgrading iDRAC firmware from 18.104.22.168 to 22.214.171.124 I can no longer connect to iDRACs.
# racadm -r <IP> -u root -p <PASSWORD> getsysinfoERROR: Unable to connect to RAC at specified IP address.
At the same time using racadm to connect to another server with the old firmware works ok.
The upgraded server has proper IP settings, ping works, web management works well, Remote RACADM is enabled.
Also ssh root@IP to the upgraded server's idrac works:
# ssh root@IPPassword: ***********/admin1-> getsysinfo[a lot of interesting output goes on]
Can it be a problem related to SSL?
# yum list installed | grep opensslopenssl.x86_64 1.0.1e-30.el6.8 @updatesopenssl098e.x86_64 0.9.8e-18.el6_5.2 @base
I've even upgraded racadm to the latest version from OM-MgmtStat-Dell-Web-LX-8.4.0-2193_A00.tar.gz and still no luck with racadm.
Any help is welcome :)
Update to a later version of RACADM. We had to move to 8.4.0 with the update to 126.96.36.199. RHEL 6.8
Then check order of operations on the command line. They've screwed things about. Next make sure you use --nocertwarn if you don't have your own certs installed.
Have you strace'd the racadm? are you using the wrapper or the raw script?
ie: /opt/dell/srvadmin/sbin/racadm or /opt/dell/srvadmin/sbin/racadm-wrapper-rac5
You could also run racadm through ssh from a remote server to the drac:
ssh dracusername@ip racadm getsysinfo
This does not require racadm to be installed on the remote server.
If you have ssh keys of the remote server added to the drac user you will not be prompted for a password AND you can pipe to grep the results.
You said you are seeing odd output when you run the racadm getsysinfo command directly on the drac. Are you not seeing all the normal informational output?
Ed, thanks for your suggestions.
I've updated to 8.4.0:
# rpm -Uvh --force srvadmin-racadm5-8.4.0-2193.9883.el6.x86_64.rpm srvadmin-hapi-8.4.0-2193.9883.el6.x86_64.rpm srvadmin-omilcore-8.4.0-2193.9883.el6.x86_64.rpm smbios-utils-bin-2.3.1-2193.9883.el6.x86_64.rpm libsmbios-2.3.1-2193.9883.el6.x86_64.rpm srvadmin-racadm4-8.4.0-2193.9883.el6.x86_64.rpm srvadmin-argtable2-8.4.0-2193.9883.el6.x86_64.rpm
I use just racadm which is located in /opt/dell/srvadmin/sbin/ and is a symlink to /opt/dell/srvadmin/sbin/racadm-wrapper-rac5.
Still no luck.
I haven't used strace. AFAIK racadm is a script that finally executes /opt/dell/srvadmin/bin/idracadm with the same command line. I tried to execute it by myself and it returns the same error.
I wonder if it could be related to openssl library but installing openssl-devel as advised on some blog didn't help.
Well, this is my last line of defence it all else fails. :)
But for future reference I'd like to know the *real* solution and understand the cause of this problem.