Systems Management Forums

OpenManage Inventory Agent for Windows Workstations

Systems Management

Systems Management
Dell Systems Management Solutions: Dell OpenManage, iDRAC, Repository Manager, Microsoft SCCM, Chassis Managment Controller, and more

OpenManage Inventory Agent for Windows Workstations

• Hi,

we have Connected SCUP to the OpenManage Inventory Agent for Windows Workstations (
    ftp://ftp.dell.com/catalog/DellSDPCatalogPC.cab)

But the OpbenManagen Inventory Agent for Business Clients ist not included? Where do I get the agent for SCUP.

Regards
    Robert
  • Hi,

I have exactly the same issue. Have just downloaded both the server and workstation catalogs into SCUP but the 'OpenManage Inventory Agent for Business Clients' is missing!

Dell, is this a known problem?

Thanks,
    Nigel.

• Morning Dell,

Any response to this issue?

Without the agent being available in SCUP testing is a little difficult. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Nigel.
  • Hi,

Dell updated the Catalog but it is still not included.

This is from ftp://ftp.dell.com/catalog
    09/28/2010 03:47 224,529 DellSDPCatalogPC.cab

Regards
    Robert
  • Thanks for letting us know about this issue.

I don't have an answer right now, but I'm checking with the product team.

Thanks,

Warren
  • Morning Warren,

Are you able to provide an update on this?

Kind regards,
    Nigel.
  • I am currently testing using SCUP to inventory/deploy Dell Bios updates in my lab environment and I see under "Drivers and Applications" on my SCUP server "Dell Open Management Inventory Agent (for Dell Business Client Systems)". Should I be using this initially capture my inventory for SCCM? Right now its now working correctly for me.
  • Yes, deploying the Inventory Agent is the first step.
  • Hi,

which catalog are you using? I'm using the Dell Business Client Catalog and i can't find any Dell OpenManage Inventroy Agent in there. Here is the path where I got it: ftp://ftp.dell.com/catalog/DellSDPCatalogPC.cab

King Regards
    Robert
  • Yesterday I sync and the agent was goine and today I sync'd again the agent is back. Strange thing is that the agent thats back today older than the agent I had 2 days ago. Maybe the newer agent was pulled but I am not sure.
  • HI everyone,

now I'm getting the agent too. I think Dell fixed it.

Regards
    Robert
  • Are there any SCCM .MOF changes required for bios updates to show up as required? I have Opti 780 in my lab that has A01 bios installed and the SCUP has A05 set as important and published to SCCM. SCCM does not show the system as requiring the bios update.
  • Hi,

I have also got this problem with OptiPlex 780 and I'm currently trying to evaluate the applicable rules to see exactly where it fails. Rules seems to work correctly for OptiPlex 760 and 960.

EDIT:
    I've just found out that installation installation failed just because users not have restarted their computers. After restart the installation is reported as successful.
    I'll post my findings.