Traditional approaches to managing unstructured data growth have proven to be costly, rigid and complex. The Dell Fluid File System (FluidFS) is designed to go beyond the limitations of traditional storage by offering customers a flexible, scale-out architecture that grows non-disruptively as business needs evolve.
FluidFS is a fully distributed, clustered file storage solution that supports both high-capacity and performance-intensive workloads. As a core component of the Dell Fluid Data architecture, FluidFS brings differentiated value to the Dell Compellent and EqualLogic storage platforms.
Explore the folders within this FluidFS wiki to get in-depth technical info, read customer stories and see what analysts and industry experts have to say about the features and functionality that make FluidFS uniquely capable to address your file storage needs, both today and in the future.
What is FluidFS?
- Dell Fluid File System solution brochure
- Announcing FluidFS V5
- Power Solutions article: Highly Efficient, Scalable Storage for Managing Unstructured Data
- Compellent FS8600 spec sheet
- Arizona State University customer story
- Important Looking Pirates utilizing FS8600 for Video Productios
- Scaling virtual on demand demos using FluidFS
Featured white papers
- FluidFS architecture for system performance white paper
- SPECsfs performance results solution brief
- Fluid Data Reduction white paper
- ESG Solution Showcase Dell FluidFS
- Full list of FluidFS technical documentation