Dell TechCenter “Ask an Executive One Question” Video Contest
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
THE FOLLOWING PROMOTION IS INTENDED FOR VIEWING IN THE UNITED STATES ONLY. DO NOT PROCEED IN THIS SITE IF YOU ARE NOT LOCATED IN THE UNITED STATES.
1. Eligibility: Dell TechCenter “Ask an Executive One Question” Video Contest (the “Contest”) is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are at least eighteen (18) years old at the time of entry. Employees of Dell Marketing L.P., Dell Inc., and their parent and affiliate companies as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible. Government employees, including all federal, state, county, city or municipal government employees and K-12 are not eligible. Subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
2. Sponsor: Dell Marketing L.P., One Dell Way, Round Rock, TX 78682.
3. Timing: The Contest begins on Friday, May 25, 2012 at 9:00 a.m. CT and ends on Monday, June 4, 2012 at 11:59 p.m. CT (the "Entry Period").
There are two time periods for the Contest:
Phase I – from May 25, 2012 at 9:00 a.m. CT until May 28, 2012 at 11:59 p.m. CT
Phase II – from May 28, 2012 at 9:00 a.m. CT until June 4, 2012 at 11:59 p.m. CT
Sponsor’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Contest.
4. How to Enter: To Enter via website: Prior to or during Phase I of the Entry Period, visit the Dell TechCenter community page at http://www.DellTechCenter.com. Once there, log in to the Community using an existing Dell My Account log-in or follow the Create Account link for instructions on how to create a Dell My Account.
During Phase I, visit the Dell TechCenter video contest media gallery at (http://en.community.dell.com/techcenter/storage/m/ask_a_dell_storage_executive_one_question_contest/default.aspx). Once there, log-in using your Dell My Account and upload a video of a question you would like to ask a Dell Storage Executive. The Sponsor will choose five (5) videos to continue into Phase II. The finalists whose videos are chosen will be contacted by private message on the Dell TechCenter website. By posting your Submission, you agree that your Submission conforms to the Video Guidelines and Content Restrictions as defined below (collectively, the “Guidelines and Restrictions”) and that Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may remove your Submission and disqualify you from the Contest if it believes that your Submission fails to conform to the Guidelines and Restrictions.
Judging Criteria: DELL STORAGE KNOWLEDGE (50%), CREATIVITY (40%); HUMOR (10%)
During Phase II, Sponsor will repost the videos of the five (5) finalists and Community members will be invited to vote for their favorite video by voting in a poll on the website (http://en.community.dell.com/techcenter/storage/f/4599.aspx)[PLEASE UPDATE THE LINK]. The finalist with the largest number of “votes” at the end of Phase II shall be deemed the Grand Prize winner.
Entrant must have permission from all individuals that appear in the Submission (if any) to use their image, name and/or likeness in the Submission and to grant the rights set forth herein. If requested, entrant must be able to provide such permissions in a form acceptable to Sponsor. Posting a Submission constitutes entrant’s consent to give Sponsor a royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, modify, publish, create derivative works from, and display such submissions in whole or in part, on a worldwide basis, and to incorporate it into other works, in any form, media or technology now known or later developed, including for promotional or marketing purposes. If requested, entrant will sign any documentation that may be required for Sponsor or its designees to make use of the non-exclusive rights entrant is granting to use the Submission. Released Parties (as defined in Section 9, below) are not responsible for lost, late, stolen, damaged, incomplete, invalid, un-intelligible, garbled, delayed or misdirected Submissions; all of which will be void.
5. Grand Prize Drawings: Sponsor’s decisions as to the administration and operation of the Contest and the selection of the potential winners are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. Sponsor will select five (5) finalists from all eligible entries during Phase I, on or around May 28, 2012.The winner will be the chosen from the five (5) finalists during Phase II with the greatest number of votes for their entry. The winner will be notified via a private message on Dell TechCenter. The winner will be required to respond to the private message within five (5) days of the date the private message was posted as directed, or prize will be forfeited. Upon successful reply to private message, the potential winner will be notified by Sponsor via email with further prize claim instruction. If a potential winner cannot be contacted, potential winner forfeits prize. Potential winners must continue to comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules, and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. By entering, entrant agrees he/she is in compliance with all of his/her employers’ rules, policies, and procedures that relate accepting prizes. In the event that a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor will award the applicable prize to an alternate winner by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries. Only three (3) alternate drawings will be held, after which the applicable prize will remain un-awarded. Prizes will be fulfilled approximately 1-2 weeks after the conclusion of the Contest.
6. Prizes: ONE (1) GRAND PRIZE Trip for one (1) to the Dell Storage Forum in Boston, Massachusetts to include round-trip coach airfare from a major airport closest to the winner’s residence, hotel stay for 3 nights[PLEASE INSERT THE NUMBER OF NIGHTS STAY], and conference pass. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): $1845. Prizes are non-transferable and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize for one of equal or greater value if the designated prize should become unavailable for any reason. Winner is responsible for all taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use. Odds of winning a prize depend on the number of eligible entries received during the applicable Entry Period drawing. Limit: One (1) prize per person. The total ARV of all prizes is $1845.
7. Release: By entering, entrant agrees to release and hold harmless Sponsor, Dell Inc., Administrator, and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, and prize suppliers, and each of their respective parent companies and each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
8. Publicity: Except where prohibited, participation in the Contest constitutes winner’s consent to Sponsor’s and its agents’ use of winner’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or hometown and state for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration.
9. General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Contest, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Contest, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or any other Promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
10. Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Contest; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries; (5) late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or stolen mail; or (6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. If for any reason an entrant's entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant’s sole remedy is another entry in the Contest, provided that the Entry Period has not ended. If the Contest is canceled, suspended or modified, Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the prizes offered herein. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, un-awarded, eligible prize claims.
11. Disputes: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by United States District Court for the Western District of Texas and the Texas State District Court in Williamson County, Texas. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, entrant’s rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Texas, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Texas or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Texas.
12. Entrant's Personal Information: Information collected from entrants is subject to www.dell.com/privacy.
13. Winner List/Official Rules: For a Winner List and/or a copy of these Official Rules, send a hand-printed, self-addressed, stamped envelope to
, c/o Dennis Smith 1 Dell Way RR3-50 Round Rock TX 78682. Winner List requests must be received by 6/10/2012. VT residents may exclude return postage for Official Rules.
14. Mailing List Name Removal Notification System: If you would like your name removed from Sponsor’s mailing list visit www.dell.com/optout.
2. ABBREVIATED RULES for Print
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES (D.C.) 18 YEARS AND OLDER. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. Contest ends 6/04/2012. For Official Rules, prize descriptions and odds disclosure, visit http://www.DellTechCenter.com. If you would like your name removed from Sponsor’s mailing list visit www.dell.com/optout and your name will be removed within 60 days of the request. Sponsor: Dell Marketing L.P., One Dell Way, Round Rock, TX 78682.
3. Abbreviated rules for online Ads – Banner
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Ends 6/04/2012. To enter and for Official Rules, visit
4. Abbreviated Rules for online Ads – Not a Banner
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Legal residents of the 50 United States (D.C.) 18 years or older. Ends 6/04/2012. To enter and for Official Rules, including odds, and prize descriptions visit
Void where prohibited.