Media Changer for TL4000 does not appear in 2012R2 Device Manager - General - Forum - Storage - Dell Community

Media Changer for TL4000 does not appear in 2012R2 Device Manager

Storage

Storage
Gain insight and information on Dell EMC Storage products from engineers, peers and experts in the industry.

Media Changer for TL4000 does not appear in 2012R2 Device Manager

This question is not answered

Having an issue w TL4000 and Windows 2012 connected via QLOGIC FC.  I installed the latest drivers (ran install_nonexclusive of 7NH5M, v A10) but only see 1 tape drive (there are 2) and no medium changer.  Confirmed the TL4000 is in random mode.  How do I get the medium changer to show up??  Can't configure into BackupExec until I get past this issue.  Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Was going to try 6GCC2 (vA13) but not sure whether to try dpf or _no_dpf

Thanks again in advance.

All Replies
  • Hello skitzes,

Was your TL4000 seen before on the server or is this a new install? On your TL4000 are there any error codes listed? On your TL4000 have you selected one of the drives to be a control path or no? Which Qlogic card do you have your TL4000 connected to?

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

DELL-Sam L
    Dell | Social Outreach Services - Enterprise
    Download the Dell Quick Resource Locator app today to access PowerEdge support content on your mobile device! (iOS, Android, Windows)