MD3000i drive replacement after failure - General - Forum - Storage - Dell Community

MD3000i drive replacement after failure

Storage

Storage
Gain insight and information on Dell EMC Storage products from engineers, peers and experts in the industry.

MD3000i drive replacement after failure

This question is not answered

I just recently had my first hard drive failure and after I replaced the drive I am still getting an error "Storage array needs attention: array is not-optimal"

I am not sure where this goes as I said before that this is the first hard drive to fail.  How can I get the array to run optimal? 

I have 11 hard drives in the array, one of the hard drives is configured as a hot spare that is in use.

Thanks

All Replies
  • Hello mark3803,

What you should need to do is in MDSM go to the Recovery Guru & see the error for the failed disk. Since you have replaced the drive already you should be able to do a rescan & the error should go away. You should also be able to go to the Hardware tab in MDSM and see that all the drives are online and ready. If the status stays as Storage array needs attention then you should have a new error listed in the Recovery Guru.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

DELL-Sam L
    Dell | Social Outreach Services - Enterprise
    Download the Dell Quick Resource Locator app today to access PowerEdge support content on your mobile device! (iOS, Android, Windows)