Upgrade Equallogic PS4000e "End of life" !!!

Storage

Storage
Gain insight and information on Dell Storage products from engineers, peers and experts in the industry.

Upgrade Equallogic PS4000e "End of life" !!!

This question is not answered

Last May 2011 we bought a PS4000e with single controller and 8x2Tb. disks. Now we want to upgrade this storage with the second controller and 8x2Tb. disks, but the vendor says that the second controller is NOT available in the market because PS4000e is placed in "End of life" !!!! Why is possibile to do this, this storage was bought six months ago ? Thanks

All Replies
  • You should be able to purchase the controller upgrade kits for the PS4000E.  I would first double check with your vendor, than if they cannot locate the kit for you, you may want to contact EqualLogic Sales directly for availability.

They can be reached at:
    US-NH-sales@dell.com
    USA: 603-579-9762 x7792

-joe

Follow me on Twitter: @joesatdell

• Here in Italy, DELL says that PS4000E is in "end of life". Can you check this in US ?

• Even the original PS50-PS3800 aren't EOL until April 2013,  so I don't believe the PS4000E is EOL.  It could possibly be End-of-Sale but I've sent an EM to some folks to double check that.

Regards,

-don

• From what I'm being told, the PS4000 disk and CM upgrades ARE available, but in short supply.

Please contact your sales folks, and if there are still saying it's EOL contact the US sales folks.

They can be reached at:

US-NH-sales@dell.com

USA: 603-579-9762 x7792

Regards,

-don