Dell Social Hub update install? - SharePoint Management - SharePoint for All - Dell Community

Dell Social Hub update install?

Dell Social Hub update install?

This question has been answered by DELL-Dan B

Hello!

I have used the app Dell Social hub since last spring and had it working with both facebook and twitter. After a while the twitter set up stopped to function. For about a month ago I saw there was an update to install. I figured that this would fix my twitter problems.

I clicked on the update link from my sharepoint site. I proceeded and then got stuck at "pending". Nothing more happened... I forgot about it and got back to it today. I removed the app and tried to install it again. Still Stuck att pending... What can I do to get this installed again?

Thanks for an otherwise great product. Please help me out here.

/Patrik

Verified Answer
  • Hi Patrik,

Thanks for your use and interest in our Social Hub SharePoint app! 

We are in the process of addressing a few issues you are experiencing.  Unfortunately it will take some time as we will have to move the app from the SharePoint hosted model to a provider hosted model (I will save you the technical details as to why).  As a result, the process will take time to complete.  We hope to have an updated version of Social Hub  in the SharePoint App Store in the next 8-10 weeks.

Please reach out to me at dan.barker@software.dell.com for any further questions.  More than happy to give you more details over email. I would also love to hear how you were using Social Hub as well.  We love customer feedback especially on groudbreaking products like this one.

All Replies
  • Hi Patrik,

Thanks for your use and interest in our Social Hub SharePoint app! 

We are in the process of addressing a few issues you are experiencing.  Unfortunately it will take some time as we will have to move the app from the SharePoint hosted model to a provider hosted model (I will save you the technical details as to why).  As a result, the process will take time to complete.  We hope to have an updated version of Social Hub  in the SharePoint App Store in the next 8-10 weeks.

Please reach out to me at dan.barker@software.dell.com for any further questions.  More than happy to give you more details over email. I would also love to hear how you were using Social Hub as well.  We love customer feedback especially on groudbreaking products like this one.