Site Admin v5.1.1 Enterprise-level Data Gathering - SharePoint Management - SharePoint for All - Dell Community

Site Admin v5.1.1 Enterprise-level Data Gathering

Site Admin v5.1.1 Enterprise-level Data Gathering

This question has been answered by DELL-Andrey M

We would like to use the Enterprise-level Data Gathering feature on our SP2010 farms.  However, the historical data in the tables is removed each time the command is run.  Is there a way to prevent the removal of historical data from the tables? If not, is there a best practice to preserve this data (creating a separate set of tables to store historical data)?

Verified Answer
  • What the Site Administrator version do you have? I suppose 5.1.1. We've made the changes, but I think it's better to use FTP instead e-mail. So use this URL to download the data_gathering_with_history.zip archive.

ftp://QuestPreview:PreviewQuest1@ftp.quest.com/SA/PreviewQuest1@ftp.quest.com/SA/

You need just unpack it into the SharePoint Information Portal\DataGathering folder and execute the data_gathering_with_history.cmd file. Pay attention that the data will be gathered into new tables with the sa4sp_repdata3 prefix. But in case of using old data_gathering.cmd file tables with the sa4sp_repdata2 prefix will be used.

All Replies
  • Hello Ryan!

Actually it's pretty easy to prevent the removal of historical data but it requires small changes in the source code. I can made such changes and send them to you. What is your e-mail address?

• ryan.graczyk@fmr.com

• What the Site Administrator version do you have? I suppose 5.1.1. We've made the changes, but I think it's better to use FTP instead e-mail. So use this URL to download the data_gathering_with_history.zip archive.

ftp://QuestPreview:PreviewQuest1@ftp.quest.com/SA/PreviewQuest1@ftp.quest.com/SA/

You need just unpack it into the SharePoint Information Portal\DataGathering folder and execute the data_gathering_with_history.cmd file. Pay attention that the data will be gathered into new tables with the sa4sp_repdata3 prefix. But in case of using old data_gathering.cmd file tables with the sa4sp_repdata2 prefix will be used.

• Hi Andrey,

The solution you sent looks good.  However, when attempting to run the cmd, I am seeing a reoccurring error that prevents the job from finishing.

DataGathering.log -

2013-09-17 13:55:36,592 [32116:45656] ** INFO ** ReDiscoverAllFarms successfully.

2013-09-17 13:55:42,339 [46988:50392] ** ERROR ** expected string or buffer

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "E:\Program Files (x86)\Site Administrator for SharePoint\SharePoint Information Portal\DataGathering\csv_collector.py", line 53, in CSVWorker

csvQueue.put((item[0],Export2CSV(*item)))

File "E:\Program Files (x86)\Site Administrator for SharePoint\SharePoint Information Portal\DataGathering\csv_collector.py", line 89, in Export2CSV

real_extension = re.search( 'filename=[\'"]?.*?\.([\w]+?)[\'"]?$', content_disposition ).group( 1 )

File "E:\Program Files (x86)\Site Administrator for SharePoint\SharePoint Information Portal\Python27\lib\re.py", line 142, in search

return _compile(pattern, flags).search(string)

TypeError: expected string or buffer

2013-09-17 13:55:42,339 [46988:50392] ** ERROR ** expected string or buffer

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "E:\Program Files (x86)\Site Administrator for SharePoint\SharePoint Information Portal\DataGathering\csv_collector.py", line 53, in CSVWorker

csvQueue.put((item[0],Export2CSV(*item)))

File "E:\Program Files (x86)\Site Administrator for SharePoint\SharePoint Information Portal\DataGathering\csv_collector.py", line 89, in Export2CSV

real_extension = re.search( 'filename=[\'"]?.*?\.([\w]+?)[\'"]?$', content_disposition ).group( 1 )

File "E:\Program Files (x86)\Site Administrator for SharePoint\SharePoint Information Portal\Python27\lib\re.py", line 142, in search

return _compile(pattern, flags).search(string)

TypeError: expected string or buffer

Can you please advise?

• Hello Ryan,

Sorry for late replay, a dev team that implemented this solution is on a long holiday. They will be back by Monday, so I will let you know ASAP.

• Hello Ryan,

I've send you email message about a week ago with new code that contains additional debug logging. How does it go? Any news on that?