Can i use a different Account to administer Quest - SharePoint Management - SharePoint for All - Dell Community

Can i use a different Account to administer Quest

Can i use a different Account to administer Quest

This question is not answered

I have ran into an issue with domain trusts and am wondering is it possible to use a different account other that the one which installed the services on the quest server to scan a farm ?

The networks team have created an account with the same name on this new domain (so i have 2 accounts domain1\quest and domain2\quest). They have advised that this new account has full rights on our main domain so i won't hit the issue i hit with the original domain1 account. But i am of the belief than i can only use the domain1\quest account to scan for farms !!!  Am i right or is it possible to use another account ?

All Replies
  • are you talking about 'Add New Farm' (it works under BrowserBroker account) or 'Scan all farm in the network' (it works on WebAccess account)?

if there is no trusts between domain1 and domain2 - you can use Windows Stored Credentials feature to solve that

• Hi Grigory,

I am trying to Add a farm. Can this be done with new account ?

Paul

• two options:

1. change account in BrowerBroker service - temporary when you are adding farm.

2. if no trusts between Site Admin domain and domain where target sharepoint is located - use Windows Stored Credentials. As soon as you specify credentials there - all calls for specified server will be under these credentials.

• Grigory.

I have logged into portal with new acccount with correct access to farm i wish to add.

I have also changed the account the browserbroker service runs on to new account.

When i add farm i get the following error...

Details (Error) ('28000', "[28000] [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Login failed for user 'Mxxx2000\\wvquestsdb'. (18456) (SQLDriverConnectW); [01S00] [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver]Invalid connection string attribute (0); [28000] [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Login failed for user 'Mxxx2000\\wvquestsdb'. (18456); [01S00] [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver]Invalid connection string attribute (0)") None None

Can you advise on error. Also can you advise on whether i should be adding Front End/Index or SQL server as address when adding farm.

Can you elaborate on option 2 above. I don't fully understand.

Thanks,

Paul.

• did you run browserbroker under Mxxx2000\\wvquestsdb account?

error says that this account does not have enough permissions - please check db_datareader for SharePoint configration database

you only need to add one front-end. others will be automaticly discovered.

stored credentials are described here:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh994565(v=ws.10).aspx

and here

http://www.pctips3000.com/how-to-manage-stored-credentials-in-windows-server-2008/