Report to show user usage? - SharePoint Management - SharePoint for All - Dell Community

Report to show user usage?

Report to show user usage?

This question has been answered by DELL-Andrey M

Hi All,

I don't believe their is a report for this but wanted to check. Is their a report to show what users are actually using Site Admin?

Thanks,

jAC

Verified Answer
  • Hello John!

If you mean Information Portal for Site Administrator so you are right.

Information Portal does not have such particular report. Though user usage information can be gathered.

For this purpose Information Portal web service HTTP calls logging can be used. To switch on it add the following lines to the end of the apache configuration file (SharePoint Information Portal\Python25\conf\httpd.conf):

LogFormat "%h; %u; %t" common

CustomLog ../logs/InfoPortalAccess.log common

Restart the Quest.InfoPortal.WebAccess service after that and in the InfoPortalAccess.log file you will find the usage info.

Pay attention that the LogFormat string defines format for each logging record. I have separated values by a semicolon. So you can easy export this file into Microsoft Excel and make filtering, sorting, etc.

All Replies
  • Hello John!

If you mean Information Portal for Site Administrator so you are right.

Information Portal does not have such particular report. Though user usage information can be gathered.

For this purpose Information Portal web service HTTP calls logging can be used. To switch on it add the following lines to the end of the apache configuration file (SharePoint Information Portal\Python25\conf\httpd.conf):

LogFormat "%h; %u; %t" common

CustomLog ../logs/InfoPortalAccess.log common

Restart the Quest.InfoPortal.WebAccess service after that and in the InfoPortalAccess.log file you will find the usage info.

Pay attention that the LogFormat string defines format for each logging record. I have separated values by a semicolon. So you can easy export this file into Microsoft Excel and make filtering, sorting, etc.

• Awesome, thanks Andrey!

• Enhancement Require is created for this