Site Admin 5.0 - exclude/hide/remove an account from reports? - SharePoint Management - SharePoint for All - Dell Community

Site Admin 5.0 - exclude/hide/remove an account from reports?

Site Admin 5.0 - exclude/hide/remove an account from reports?

This question has been answered by grigory vasiliev

Hello Community,

I was speaking to someone that had a  question for the 5.0 version that I could not answer.  They have a concern that the Office SharePoint Search user account was potentially skewing numbers for Most Active users and Total Views for Pages reports.

If this is so... how can they go about hiding/removing the stats for the Office Sharepoint Search user account?

Thank you,

Richard

Verified Answer
  • There is no issue for SharePoint 2010 as crawler account is filtered automatically.

For SharePoint 2007 the only possible solution - is export daily usage report and filter crawler in Excel.

All Replies
  • There is no issue for SharePoint 2010 as crawler account is filtered automatically.

For SharePoint 2007 the only possible solution - is export daily usage report and filter crawler in Excel.

• Something further relating to this thread: (posting on behalf of another)

Scenario, customer has a HP Site Scope tool which actually pings their SharePoint Sites to check the availability every 2 min's. when they check the usage of the site you can see a huge spike of this site scope account hitting every 2 min's which actually causing problems in getting exact data.

Is there any way we can exclude this account while getting the reports?

Thank you.

• The only way i see is let SharePoint know that HP Site Scope tool is crawler-robot.

The following is an example of SharePoint Usage Log generated after crawler request. It has tag ms search 6.0 Robot

Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 4.01; Windows NT; MS Search 5.0 Robot)

So try to find a way to customize HP Site Scope tool.

It should place 'Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 4.01; Windows NT; MS Search 5.0 Robot)' string to User-Agent field of HTTP request. If it is SharePoint 2010 server - it should help