How to change the scheduled reports to go to a different location? - SharePoint Management - SharePoint for All - Dell Community

How to change the scheduled reports to go to a different location?

How to change the scheduled reports to go to a different location?

This question has been answered by grigory vasiliev

I have a customer that has many users using the Information Portal running many reports, some users do not have access to the default location "\\Machine\SASP_EXPORTS". Can we change this location so different users can schedule reports to go to different locations from Information Portal? They do not want to script this as there are many users but may be ok for a workaround.

Export.png

Steve

Verified Answer
  • There is no progress on this.

I suggest to create a scheduled task which will move reports to appropriate place.

You also can modify settings of currently created share and target it to any different folder, share name will be the same. Product works with shared folder not with local folder.

All Replies
  • Hi Steve,

Do they want reports to be created in different locations for different users?

I think the best way is to grant access to the folder for users that need access reports. The folder is the following: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Quest SoftwareSite Administrator for SharePoint\SharePoint Information Portal\Exports"

Thanks,

Kate

• They want the user to be able to pick the location, for example, I have access to a site and you don't, I save a report the default location, you may also be able to see this location and see the report. Each group deals with the reports different and they want to be able to customize where this file is saved. Also if you have everyone saving to the same location with scheduled reports it gets confusing quick with large sites.

Steve

• Doubt it's possible.

Thanks,

Kate

• Right, this is not possible now. But it sounds like a real use case. And if the customer is really interested in such feature I think it can be considered for implemention. But of course it's the product manager decision. Actually earlier we discussed such possibility to change the scheduled reports location. If I understand you correctly, the customer wants to customise the location for different users but for the same report. So a user story sounds like "Each user can schedule the report differently". Have I got this right?

• I have another customer requesting this, any update on how to do this?

• There is no progress on this.

I suggest to create a scheduled task which will move reports to appropriate place.

You also can modify settings of currently created share and target it to any different folder, share name will be the same. Product works with shared folder not with local folder.