How to remove the "Quick Apps for SharePoint" from browser? - SharePoint Customization - SharePoint for All - Dell Community

How to remove the "Quick Apps for SharePoint" from browser?

How to remove the "Quick Apps for SharePoint" from browser?

This question has been answered by kenny.wu-quest

I started developing Quest Web parts, specifically qChartView, and now see a Quick Apps tab on my browser (see attached image). The more parts I add, the more "tabs" I get.

Can that be removed? Even my users see it when I publish the page.

PS: I really like the tools!

Verified Answer
  • Hi Edwinnieves,

For #1: Did you use the installer to installer the web parts? If yes, you should find this tool in your installed computer. Yes, you must use this tool as a administrator, because it needs to modify the web.config file.

For #2: sorry for let you misunderstand, if you turn off this option, all the “Quick Apps” ribbon will be hidden, not just for the qChartView. The other ribbon menus are fine.

Kenny.

All Replies
  • Hi Edwinnieves,

You can turn it off by using Configuration Editor: open Configuration Editor -> select the web.config file - > Edit -> Custom Setting Editor -> check the “Quick Apps Ribbon Display” option.

But I would like to mention that, if you turn off this option, all the web parts will disable this option, that means, all the ribbons will be hidden.

Kenny.

• Two questions:

1. I can't find the "Configuration Editor". Is this an administrator function?

2. Do you mean "all the ribbons witll be hidden" inside Quest web part ribbons? I do not want to lose any other ribbons.

• Hi Edwinnieves,

For #1: Did you use the installer to installer the web parts? If yes, you should find this tool in your installed computer. Yes, you must use this tool as a administrator, because it needs to modify the web.config file.

For #2: sorry for let you misunderstand, if you turn off this option, all the “Quick Apps” ribbon will be hidden, not just for the qChartView. The other ribbon menus are fine.

Kenny.