qExcelViewer - how to convert a number column to text? - SharePoint Customization - SharePoint for All - Dell Community

qExcelViewer - how to convert a number column to text?

qExcelViewer - how to convert a number column to text?

This question has been answered by kenny.wu-quest

Hello,

We are using QuickApps v.6.3.  In my original list, the Client No. column is defined as a text column.  However, this field was converted to number in qExcelViewer, so all the leading zero's are mssing - for example, 09988 became 9988, etc.  Could I change the display format of this column so that the leading zero can be preserved in Excel Viewer?  I didn't see a way to create a custom column there, unfortunately.

Please advise.

Thank  you!

Laurinda M. Chi

Verified Answer
  • Hi,

Sorry, this is a bug for qExcelViewer web part, I have log it into TFS track the status, the TFS number is #420983.

To be a workaround, you can use the PDF export format in qListView. That can avoid this issue. Thank you.

-Kenny.

All Replies
  • Hi,

Sorry, this is a bug for qExcelViewer web part, I have log it into TFS track the status, the TFS number is #420983.

To be a workaround, you can use the PDF export format in qListView. That can avoid this issue. Thank you.

-Kenny.

• Hi Kenny,

The same issue occurs in the Excel Export function for qListview and qSIListview web parts.  When the column contains leading zeros - for example, 012345.9999, they are treated as number instead of text, so the leading zero is dropped (i.e. 012345.9999 becomes 12345.9999).

Please kindly advise if there is a workaround for this issue? 

Thanks again!

Laurinda Chi

• Hi Laurinda,

The export to excel logical in qListView and qSIListView is the same with qExcelViewer. This is the same bug there. I have updated the #420983.

As an workaround, please use export to PDF function.

Kenny.

• OK - thanks!