Value doesnt fall within the expected range error in edit form&disp form(qlistform) - SharePoint Customization - SharePoint for All - Dell Community

Value doesnt fall within the expected range error in edit form&disp form(qlistform)

Value doesnt fall within the expected range error in edit form&disp form(qlistform)

This question has been answered by nicolae.anca

Getting the "The following error occurred: Value does not fall within the expected range." in edit and disp forms.

Details:-

If we giving any form component behavior in form and save following error is occuring. even for the starting tags also

the form component is failing even if we just include starting tags  <FormComponentBehavior>  </FormComponentBehavior> which is not having any behavior.

form is working with out having any component behavior. please let me know if any have come across this issue and help me in resolving.

Thanks !

Verified Answer
  • This is my scenario and configuration and it works.

    2 Lists

    Countries

    -----------

    CountryID

    CountryName

    Languages

    ---------------

    LanguageID

    LanguageName

    CountryID (this is a lookyp field to the above list firld CountryID)

    I have a qListForm set to New Item and list Langauges all 3 fields displayed.

    Field CountryID displays first and has Auto PostBack enabled.

    The condition for Form Component Behavior is the following (the field LanguageName gets disabled when teh CountryID is equal to CAN, you can add your own values here).

    <FormComponentBehavior>

      <Component Type="Field" ID="LanguageName">

        <DisabledWhen>

          <Eq>

            <FieldRef Name="CountryID" />

            <Value Type="Lookup">CAN</Value>

          </Eq>

        </DisabledWhen>

      </Component>

    </FormComponentBehavior>

    Everything works as expected.

    Please try this scenario and let me know how it goes.

    Nic

All Replies
  • Hi Seshadri,

      Would you mind to share with me your SharePoint and QWP versions?

    That would help to recreate your scenario.

    Nic

  • Hi Nic,

    thanks for the reply, find the versions

    SharePoint 2010

    Quest product Version - 5.7 (Build 2012.8.9)

    this issue is occuring only for a single application. In which list is having

    15  Person or Group fields

    12 Date and Time fields

    4 Lookup fields

    9 Single line of text fields

    3 Multiple lines of text fields

    7 Calculated fields.

    I Have tried the below options towards the solution

    • Created a site page and added qlistform
    • Deleted and recreated the qlistform in list editform page
    • Created a new list

    No luck with all the above options , let me know if you need any information.

    Thanks!

  • Is the list coming from a template from a previous SP version or from importing the data from external sources (ie Access, Excel, etc)? What happens if you reduce the number of fields (instead of 9 Person fields use 1 field, instead of 12 Date... and so on)?

    Can you build a form component behavior condition that works? If the issue persists then create a new list from scratch and try again.

    Nic

  • Hi Nic,

    List not coming form template and not importing from any external sources.its been not working even i go with single field of type single line of text in display fileds section and will add just entry tags <FormComponentBehavior>  </FormComponentBehavior> , the form is giving me the error "The following error occurred: Value does not fall within the expected range". If i remove the tags from Form Componen tBehavior section the form is loading without any errors.

    yes, i have created a new list and tried , no luck still.

    Thanks!

  • This is my scenario and configuration and it works.

    2 Lists

    Countries

    -----------

    CountryID

    CountryName

    Languages

    ---------------

    LanguageID

    LanguageName

    CountryID (this is a lookyp field to the above list firld CountryID)

    I have a qListForm set to New Item and list Langauges all 3 fields displayed.

    Field CountryID displays first and has Auto PostBack enabled.

    The condition for Form Component Behavior is the following (the field LanguageName gets disabled when teh CountryID is equal to CAN, you can add your own values here).

    <FormComponentBehavior>

      <Component Type="Field" ID="LanguageName">

        <DisabledWhen>

          <Eq>

            <FieldRef Name="CountryID" />

            <Value Type="Lookup">CAN</Value>

          </Eq>

        </DisabledWhen>

      </Component>

    </FormComponentBehavior>

    Everything works as expected.

    Please try this scenario and let me know how it goes.

    Nic

  • I had this exact issue w/ version 6.4 and SP '10.  The webpart worked fine with form component behaviors setup until I orphaned a lookup field in the list the webpart referenced.  Then I got this exact error until I deleted the orphaned lookup field.  I had a secondary field pulled from a lookup list and the additional field had been deleted from the list the lookup field referenced.  Once I deleted the secondary lookup field it worked again nicely.