Your PowerGUI Community: Simplify your PowerShell related GUI and script editing needs.

Problem with mailbox user provisioning

This question is answered

I get below error message when trying to provision new mailbox users using PowerGUI CSV method. I've already made sure the required columns have been selected, but how can I overcome this password issue?

---------------------------
Error
Active Directory operation failed on e2k7s01.rootdomain.dk. This error is not retriable. Additional information: Unable to update the password. The value provided for the new password does not meet the length, complexity, or history requirement of the domain.
Active directory response: 0000052D: SvcErr: DSID-031A0FC0, problem 5003 (WILL_NOT_PERFORM), data 0

Active Directory operation failed on e2k7s01.rootdomain.dk. This error is not retriable. Additional information: Unable to update the password. The value provided for the new password does not meet the length, complexity, or history requirement of the domain.

OK  

Verified Answer
  • I think it's because UPN turned out to be too weak for your password complexity policies.
All Replies
  • Could you attach sample csv with first few lines from your file?
  • Here you go:

#TYPE System.Management.Automation.PSCustomObject
    Name,Alias,UserPrincipalName,ServerName,ProhibitSendQuota,OrganizationalUnit,Database
    "Henrik Walther",HEW,HEW@Exchangedogfood.dk,e2k7s01,unlimited,rootdomain.dk/Users,"E2K7S01\First Storage Group\Mailbox Database"
  • Just add 'Password' column ;)

#TYPE System.Management.Automation.PSCustomObject
    Name,Alias,UserPrincipalName,ServerName,ProhibitSendQuota,OrganizationalUnit,Database,Password
    "Henrik Walther",HEW,HEW@Exchangedogfood.dk,e2k7s01,unlimited,rootdomain.dk/Users,"E2K7S01\First Storage Group\Mailbox Database",SomeStrongP@ssword
  • Thanks a lot...

Since this wasn't mentioned anywhere I thought a pasword were generated automatically or something.

• It is. I think we are trying to use UPN by default. I guess we need to make this more explicit (e.g. give a warning MessageBox: "Password column is missing will try using UserPrincipalName instead."

Dmitry
  • Dmitry,

So if I have the UPN column I shouldn't need to include the Password column? If not then why do I receive the above error message unless I inlcude the password column?

Cheers,
    Henrik

• I think it's because UPN turned out to be too weak for your password complexity policies.