Dell Configuration Calculator - Power and Cooling - Forum - Power and Cooling - Dell Community

Dell Configuration Calculator

Power and Cooling

Power and Cooling
Dell Power and Cooling on Dell TechCenter. Fresh Air, OpenManage Power Center, PDUs, Power Saving Best Practices and more.
Generic Content

Dell Configuration Calculator

• At some point in the past couple of years, I downloaded a power calculation tool (excel spreadsheet) called DellConfigCalculator-US-1.xls. It has a tab for each Dell product with configuration parameters that calculate power draw and heat generation. Please tell me there's a new version available that includes the PE2950. This is a cool tool that lets me create my own rack power/cooling spreadsheets based on individual component power/heating characteristics.
  • Been replaced with the DataCenter Capacity Planner. Link is in the quick links above. Web app, or you can download a standalone version. It lets you create a rack config and add all the Dell equipment. You can also define other equipment to include in the calculations.

http://www.dell.com/content/topics/topic.aspx/global/products/pedge/topics/en/config_calculator?c=us&cs=555&l=en&s=biz
  • "At some point in the past couple of years, I downloaded a power calculation tool (excel spreadsheet) called DellConfigCalculator-US-1.xls. It has a tab for each Dell product with configuration parameters that calculate power draw and heat generation. Please tell me there's a new version available that includes the PE2950. This is a cool tool that lets me create my own rack power/cooling spreadsheets based on individual component power/heating characteristics."
    Hi,

Will you pls share me that excel sheet.