twoo Fglam processes on fms server - Foglight for Databases - Foglight for Databases - Dell Community

twoo Fglam processes on fms server

twoo Fglam processes on fms server

This question is not answered

Hi

I have FMS installed on Linux machine and Foglight  Agent Manager (FglAM) embedded on the Foglight Management Server (FMS) .

when I invoke this command: ps -ef | grep Fog..I see this..

[foglight@fog bin]$ ps -ef | grep Fog
foglight  1225 31943  0 13:45 pts/1    00:00:00 grep Fog
foglight 15328 31943 79 13:02 pts/1    00:34:34 Foglight 5.7.5.2: Foglight
foglight 25201 31943 99 13:39 pts/1    00:07:34 FoglightAgentManager 5.8.5.2: FglAM on fog.xxx.xxx.hr
foglight 25270 25201 14 13:39 pts/1    00:00:51 FoglightAgentManager 5.8.5.2: FglAM on fog.xxx.xxx.hr [OOP: IntegrationAgents]               

the question is, why I have three FGLAM processes and how I can stop FGLAM Integration Agent process without stopping all fglam?

thanks

Nikola

All Replies
  • When you go to Administration > agent status you will see that the fglam on the FMS machne may be running other agents. Some of them are automatically created when a cartridge is installed.

They are stopped from the agent status but I don't recommend stopping them.

Golan

• Hi Golan

I saw that..and because I do not use Integration Agent I will see what to do.

I wrote this post because I have high memory consumption although I did change JVM memory size in server.config.

My host has 16 GB of RAM and foglight use all..the fms, fglam and postgres are the most consumers of memory which I can see by the TOP command on Linux server.

could you tell me something about?

Thanks

Nikola 

• Nikola,

The best recommendation, especially if you already made changes to the server config, is to open a support case and let them look at it.

It sounds like you have an installation where everything is installed on one machine. Depending on the size of the monitored environment there may be a need to change configuration (fglam configfor example if you do vmware monitoring for a very large size environment from the co located fglam) . Foglight also has the ability to have the different components seperated on multiple machines, you can have the FMS on one machine, the DB on another machine and the fglam on a totally seperate machine doing the monitoring.

As I said, since you already started changing files it will be best to open a support case and upload a support bundle for them to have a look at to see if things are behaving the right way.

Golan

• Hi Golan

I just did a support case.

Thanks

Nikola