FMS Embedded mysql database is down - Foglight for Databases - Foglight for Databases - Dell Community

FMS Embedded mysql database is down

FMS Embedded mysql database is down

• Hi

I am new in foglight and I have problem with start FMS..according the log file, there are error :

ObjectName: com.quest.nitro:service=EmbeddedDb
    State: FAILED
    Reason: java.lang.Exception: Embedded database process has exited prematurely. Check mysql/data/<hostname>.err for error messages.
    Depends On Me:
    com.quest.nitro:service=DatabaseUpgrade
    com.quest.nitro:service=NitroDynDataSourceDeployer

Can enyone help me with this?

Thanks

Nikola 

• Please open with support asap.

The message does not appear in our KB article but there may be something else in the error log that can indicate the source of the problem. If you attach the foglight server log file we may be able to get more info from the logs but opening this with support )open as sev2) will be the fastest way to get you running.

Golan

• Hello

thank you for your answer.. Now the embedded database is started but when I run FMS, the databse going down.

I dont know why, but I am not able to attach file ( log ) here..so here is just a part of log

Caused by: com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.MySQLSyntaxErrorException: Table 'foglight.topology_type' doesn't exist
            at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
            at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:39)
            at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:27)
            at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:513)
            at com.mysql.jdbc.Util.handleNewInstance(Util.java:409)
            at com.mysql.jdbc.Util.getInstance(Util.java:384)
            at com.mysql.jdbc.SQLError.createSQLException(SQLError.java:1054)
            at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.checkErrorPacket(MysqlIO.java:3562)
            at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.checkErrorPacket(MysqlIO.java:3494)
            at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.sendCommand(MysqlIO.java:1960)
            at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.sqlQueryDirect(MysqlIO.java:2114)
            at com.mysql.jdbc.ConnectionImpl.execSQL(ConnectionImpl.java:2690)
            at com.mysql.jdbc.ConnectionImpl.execSQL(ConnectionImpl.java:2619)
            at com.mysql.jdbc.StatementImpl.executeQuery(StatementImpl.java:1465)
            at org.jboss.resource.adapter.jdbc.WrappedStatement.executeQuery(WrappedStatement.java:226)
            at com.quest.nitro.upgrade.db.DatabaseVersionHelper.getCurrentVersion(DatabaseVersionHelper.java:88)

• This needs to go to support asap.

If this is a new install it is possible the installation did not complete properly (the database was not created properly), if this is an existing install that was running properly before then something happened that was causing these problems.
    Anyway support will be the best entity to diagnose this and offer a solution.

support.software.dell.com/.../contact-technical-support

Golan

• Ok

I will contact support with this problem.

It is not new installation, but over the weekend something went wrong..first, the file system was full..then problems with embedded db..and now with FMS.

Thank you anyway for your effort

Nikola