SQL Server - Remove database - Foglight for Databases - Foglight for Databases - Dell Community

SQL Server - Remove database

SQL Server - Remove database

This question is answered

We are running Foglight 5.6.5.

We have dropped two databases from a SQL Server instance on a Foglight monitored server and want to remove the 2 database from showing up in Foglight (SEQTEST and SEQUAT in the list below).

I can't for the life of me figure out how to remove these from Foglight except to use the Database Exclusion from the Agent Settings>Administration screen. I don't believe this drops it from Foglight though just hides the databases from view.

Verified Answer
  • The data will eventually age itself out of the data model, however if you do not wish to wait for this to happen, you can manually purge the data using the data management dashboard.  This dashboard has changed quite a bit in 5.7+ so I don't have any screenshots I can currently send over, but you can find it in the Administration dashboard, there will be a link to "Data Management".  Once in that dashboard you can navigate through the DBSS data mode, into an instance, and finally into databases.  You should see a delete option next to the databases you wish to get rid of.

If you cannot track down this dashboard, or require any further guidance, please let me know.

All Replies
  • The data will eventually age itself out of the data model, however if you do not wish to wait for this to happen, you can manually purge the data using the data management dashboard.  This dashboard has changed quite a bit in 5.7+ so I don't have any screenshots I can currently send over, but you can find it in the Administration dashboard, there will be a link to "Data Management".  Once in that dashboard you can navigate through the DBSS data mode, into an instance, and finally into databases.  You should see a delete option next to the databases you wish to get rid of.

If you cannot track down this dashboard, or require any further guidance, please let me know.

• Thanks Jason, worked perfectly thanks for the assist.

Just for others on 5.6, such as myself, the navigation path was :

Management Server Dashboard > Servers > Data Management > DBSS_Data_Model > Clusters > <Server Name>