Does Spotlight uses SNMP? - Foglight for Databases - Foglight for Databases - Dell Community

Does Spotlight uses SNMP?

Does Spotlight uses SNMP?

This question is answered

Hi,

We have Spotlight Bundle; spotlight on Messaging ver. 7.5 & Spotlight on Windows ver. 3.82.

I am new to Spotlight.  I have been ask by Management if Spotlight uses SNMP if yes what version of SNMP?  I don't see Windows SNMP service running so I don't think it is using SNMP but I need to be certain.

If Spotlight is not using SNMP, what protocol is using for monitoring and if I could have a link to read on how Monitoring and trap works in Spotlight?

Thanks,

Naser

Verified Answer
  • For the US and Canada you can use .800.306.9329 or 949.754.8000.  For other countries, you can get phone number from this web page.

The last version of Spotlight on Messaging was 7.9.  However, version 8.0 exists as it has been renamed "Unified Communications Command Suite - Diagnostics"

I hope this helps,

Jeff

All Replies
  • Hello,

Any suggestions from the Moderator? 

If I am not in right forum, please send me the correct link.

Thanks,

Naser

• First, are you sure you are running Spotlight on Messaging 7.5?  Version 7.7 ended support this past June and 7.5 ended support long before that.

Anyway, Spotlight on Messaging doesn't use SNMP.  Spotlight on Messaging uses Microsoft Diagnostic Services (for each platform) and PowerShell to collect information directly from Exchange, OCS.and Lync.

I hope this helps,

Jeff

• Thanks Jeff,

what is the latest supported version and The # to get the status of our support contract?
    Thanks
    Naser
  • For the US and Canada you can use .800.306.9329 or 949.754.8000.  For other countries, you can get phone number from this web page.

The last version of Spotlight on Messaging was 7.9.  However, version 8.0 exists as it has been renamed "Unified Communications Command Suite - Diagnostics"

I hope this helps,

Jeff

• Thanks Jeff,  I will give them a call.

Naser