I have the Foglight for SQL Server cartridge. I recently changed the service account that runs the SQL Server Engine and the SQL Server Agent from a local account to a domain account. Everything works fine on the SQL Server side.
No configuration changes have been made on the Foglight end, and none should be needed as Foglight is set to use a separate service account for both the SQL and OS level monitoring. This account has always been in the local "Administrators" group on the database server, and also as a "sysadmin" server role on the SQL Server side. If I "validate connectivity" within Foglight to that server, it shows that the connection is okay. I tried removing the monitoring agent, and re-creating, but still see the errors in the attached screenshot. Has anyone run into a similar issue?
Even though I couldn't find any indication that the agents were locked, I tried unlocking them anyway. That seemed to do the trick!
This can be found here:
Databases -> Support Dashboard -> Databases Technical Support -> Unlock agents
There should be something in the logs that explains what is not working.
There is typically a way through the administration gui to try to validate the monitoring credentials too.
While we can try to go through the path of adding the logs to this thread, I think the easiest and fastest will be to open a support use case and add
1. FMS support bundle
2. fglam support bundle from the fglam that is running the SQL agent.
Support should be pretty quick to find out what's wrong.