how to create your own alarm for oracle agents - Foglight for Databases - Foglight for Databases - Dell Community

how to create your own alarm for oracle agents

how to create your own alarm for oracle agents

This question is answered

Hi,

I have about 100 oracle agents

I've been requested to monitore the UNDO tablespaces

I used the tablespaces  rule  that does the job but has a warning and a critical value to low

I can't change those values

So I looking at creating the same rule as for the tablespaces but only for the UNDO tablespaces where I could set different values for the WARNINGs and the CRITICALs

Thank you for your help

Regards

Philippe Courtois

CBC /Radio-Canada

Sr. DBA/ Foglight Admin.

Philippe Courtois

Sr. DBA

Verified Answer
  • Hi,

what I suggest is to copy the existing rule DBO - Tablespace Used Percentage, give it a name to identify it is a custom rule and change the scope of the rule so that it only applies to UNDO tablespaces:

Scope:

DBO_Tablespace where contents = 'UNDO'

Because this is a custom rule it wont be in the global admin dashboard. So I would create some new custom registry variables to hold your thresholds based on the following:

DBO_TablespaceStorage-AllocatedUsedPct_Low

DBO_TablespaceStorage-AllocatedUsedPct_Medium

Then edit the rule conditions to use these variables.

eg for warning

condition = (#DBO_allocated_space_used_pct_for_rules# >= registry("DBO_TablespaceStorage-AllocatedUsedPct_Low"));

return DBWC_RacAndSingleInstanceRuleFilter(scope, "DBO - Tablespace Used Percentage", "2", condition);

To:

#DBO_allocated_space_used_pct_for_rules# >= registry("DBO_TablespaceUNDOStorage-AllocatedUsedPct_Low")

Also update the alarm message to your requirements.

All Replies
  • Hi,

what I suggest is to copy the existing rule DBO - Tablespace Used Percentage, give it a name to identify it is a custom rule and change the scope of the rule so that it only applies to UNDO tablespaces:

Scope:

DBO_Tablespace where contents = 'UNDO'

Because this is a custom rule it wont be in the global admin dashboard. So I would create some new custom registry variables to hold your thresholds based on the following:

DBO_TablespaceStorage-AllocatedUsedPct_Low

DBO_TablespaceStorage-AllocatedUsedPct_Medium

Then edit the rule conditions to use these variables.

eg for warning

condition = (#DBO_allocated_space_used_pct_for_rules# >= registry("DBO_TablespaceStorage-AllocatedUsedPct_Low"));

return DBWC_RacAndSingleInstanceRuleFilter(scope, "DBO - Tablespace Used Percentage", "2", condition);

To:

#DBO_allocated_space_used_pct_for_rules# >= registry("DBO_TablespaceUNDOStorage-AllocatedUsedPct_Low")

Also update the alarm message to your requirements.