Velocity 2011, one of the premiere conferences to focus on web performance and operations, opens next week in Santa Clara, CA, and I’m personally excited to attend and hear some of the best and the brightest share their insights. Just as importantly, I’m also proud to announce Quest’s participation as a Silver Sponsor of the event. This is our maiden voyage through Velocity and the timing of our participation is a direct result of the dynamics we’ve been witnessing in the market and, in particular, within our customer base.

Now more than ever, organizations live and die by the performance of their web applications and the resulting customer and/or employee experience. While performance and responsiveness are important for employee facing applications, it’s become mission critical for customer facing application where user experience and response time can make the difference between winning a loyal customer and losing revenue, brand reputation, customer satisfaction, etc. At Quest, for years we’ve been hanging our hat on arming IT and Web Operations teams with the solutions and information necessary to continuously monitor and optimize the customer experience.

With the promise of standardized HTML 5 performance metrics, proliferation of mobile devices, tablets, kiosks, super watches (okay I made that one up, but it would be cool right?), etc, Velocity makes a perfect venue to share and learn from people across the industry. The industry is moving fast and there’s lots for all of us to learn. If you’re coming to the event, do me a favor and come visit us in the exhibit hall. We’d love to hear your thoughts, challenges,and priorities; If you have the time, maybe we can even show you why Gartner has listed us as a Leader in their most recently published Magic Quadrant for Application Performance Monitoring.

One last tidbit for those attending from out of town: I strongly recommend you venture out for breakfast one morning to a Silicon Valley tradition: Hobee’s. You’ll thank me!