How Dell and VMware can help jumpstart your VDI deployment - PartnerDirect - Wiki - PartnerDirect - Dell Community

How Dell and VMware can help jumpstart your VDI deployment

PartnerDirect

PartnerDirect
Dell PartnerDirect Community on Dell TechCenter

PartnerDirect - Wiki

How Dell and VMware can help jumpstart your VDI deployment

PartnerDirect - Wiki

Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) seems to be a hot topic these days when I talk to partners and customers, particularly when discussing emerging trends like BYOD and mobility.  Most people I talk to understand the benefits VDI can provide-  enhanced security, centralized management and tighter control of user data, and of course enabling BYOD and mobile work styles by delivering apps and desktops to any connected device- however many are still confused as to how to best implement and deploy VDI into their IT environment.

That’s where Dell and VMware solutions can help.  Working together, our goal is to help partners easily deploy and scale next-generation desktop virtualization solutions to your customers utilizing the converged Dell Active Infrastructure platform, Dell Wyse zero clients, and VMware Horizon View VDI software.  Dell and VMware  end to end solutions provide pre-configured, pre-integrated, scalable platforms that make it easy to implement, deploy, and manage VDI in a rapid, pain-free manner so your customers can reap the benefits from enabling BYOD and mobile work styles for their end users.

But don’t take my word for it-  Check out the partner portal for information and collateral around joint Dell and VMware solutions, download our latest reference architecture that details how we tested and validated VMware Horizon View 5.2 on the Dell Active System 800 platform, and sign up to attend this month’s Enterprise Technologist Webinar.  On the webinar we’ll have our lead solution architects from Dell and VMware discussing best practices, scaling for success, and pitfalls to avoid when deploying VMware Horizon View workloads onto the Dell Active Infrastructure portfolio.

I want to know what you think-  What can Dell and VMware do to further reduce the complexities around VDI deployment?

Comments
  • Great post Eric!  This is a great example of collaboration between the Cloud Client, Active Infrastructure, and GCC Channel Marketing teams.  Well done!