Dell Client Integration Pack

OS and Applications

OS and Applications
Dell OS and Applications Solutions on Dell TechCenter - Project Sputnik, Microsoft Windows, Red Hat Linux, SUSE, Ubuntu, and more

OS and Applications - Wiki

Dell Client Integration Pack

OS and Applications - Wiki

NOTE: The latest version of DCIP is now the Dell Command | Integration Suite for System Center 2012 and is a part of the Dell Client Command Suite.  Click HERE to go to the new page.

This page is being retained for customers who are still using DCIP 3.1 or earlier.

The Dell Client Integration Pack (DCIP) is an updated version of the Dell Client Deployment Pack (DCDP) plugin for Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager. In addition to the task sequence and driver deployment functionality of DCDP, it also includes:

• OMCI Integration
  • CCTK Integration
  • Warranty Status
  • Intel AMT Out-of-band management

Download DCIP 3.1 for Configuration Manager 2012 

Download DCIP 2.0 for Configuration Manager 2007

DCIP 3.1 Documentation

DCIP 3.0 Documentation

DCIP 2.0 Documentation

Bring your questions to the TechCenter chat on 10/04/2011 at 3pm Central to discuss them with the DCIP dev team.

FAQs

Q: Why won't the driver cabs import with DCIP?

A: in most cases you need to give "full rights" to the package source location for DCIP to import the driver CABs.

Comments
  • Will there be a version of DCIP for Configuration Manager 2012 R2 ?

• After tons of searching online I decided to give support a call and get a definitive answer on 2012 R2 Support. It is not officially supported, but there have been reports that some features do work. They are expected to release new updates to software in the summer, which hopefully will include an update to DCIP to support Configuration Manager 2012 R2.

• The Warranty Status works fine for me with SCCM 2012 R2 (CU1).  I didn't try any of the other components.  I setup a scheduled task to run the Warranty Status tool after updating my SCCM DB and Site information in the registry.

• Hi, I'm using the Warranty utility with SCCM 2012 R2. The utility gets the warranty information for the dell devices in the sccm db. However the warranty information is missing three columns for every service tag - Service_Level_Code, Service_Level_Description, Provider. All the other fields are populated.

Is this a bug with the utility or working as expected? It would be good to know the warranty type i.e. NBD or POW etc. as I have multiple rows for each service tag.

• DCIP Warranty check does not support Dell Allienware product range

• Hi All,

Im new to this DCIP, Im currently configuring the Warranty Utility, how can i get this info in my sccm:

*Connection string for the Configuration Manager database

*WMI Namespace for Configuration Manager

Can i skip this configuration?