XPS 13 9360 - Swap Fn and Ctrl keys? - Dell XPS 13 developer edition / Project Sputnik Feedback - OS and Applications - Dell Community

XPS 13 9360 - Swap Fn and Ctrl keys?

OS and Applications

OS and Applications
Dell OS and Applications Solutions on Dell TechCenter - Project Sputnik, Microsoft Windows, Red Hat Linux, SUSE, Ubuntu, and more

XPS 13 9360 - Swap Fn and Ctrl keys?

This question is not answered

Hi Forum,

New XPS 13 owner here a little frustrated by the keyboard.

I can't find any way in the BIOS to swap Fn and Ctrl keys.  I can't seem to do it in Linux either, because the Fn key appears to be invisible to the OS.  For example, if I run xev and press the Fn key, nothing happens.

The reason I want to do this is that I keep hitting Fn-C instead of Ctrl-C.  The left Ctrl and C keys are further apart on the XPS 13 keyboard than they are on a desktop keyboard!

Do any of you guys have any suggestions?  

All Replies
  • I have convinced myself that remapping Fn to Ctrl and left Ctrl to Fn is impossible unless Dell releases a BIOS update that allows for it.

I cannot be the only person to want this.

Dell, is it possible that a Fn/Ctrl key swap feature could be added to the BIOS?

• You are not the only one that wants this!

I hate that I have to use both my hands to use my Home/PgUp/PgDown/End keys. Such a nuisance. There's got to be a registry hack that someone knows...