BIOS v1.3.4 - Dell XPS 13 developer edition / Project Sputnik Feedback - OS and Applications - Dell Community

BIOS v1.3.4

OS and Applications

OS and Applications
Dell OS and Applications Solutions on Dell TechCenter - Project Sputnik, Microsoft Windows, Red Hat Linux, SUSE, Ubuntu, and more

BIOS v1.3.4

This question has been answered by Yury Vidineev

What features does BIOS v1.3.4 offer for the Dell 9360 (Developer Edition)?  I've updated already.  I looked at what was reported on the driver support page, and it only listed:

Enhance Windows 10 Enterprise Redstone 1 support

Redstone meaning "Anniversary Update" edition...

Does this update patch Intel's recent security vulnerability?

security-center.intel.com/advisory.aspx

Does the patch fix anything else?

Thanks

Verified Answer
  • DEE2016, do you see update available in Ubuntu Software app?

All Replies
  • I also have such questions. And one more: will this update be available to install via Software center?

• I was also going to ask how we can fix the intel management engine security vulnerability on our developer edition machines.

• About Intel vuln there is BIOS 1.3.5 update

www.dell.com/.../DriversDetails

• Just upgraded... I don't know if that's a coincidence, but having a rj45 cable plugged onto the TB16 and connecting the XPS to the TB16 causes an immediate kernel panic (kernel 4.10.13). The Linux experience with these hardware is rough...

• i just upgrade too

• How should I upgrade the BIOS from Ubuntu linux? The files on the download page are for Windows/DOS.

• DEE2016, do you see update available in Ubuntu Software app?

• Thanks, some how I just noticed it before reading your post. Just upgraded the firmware. Thank you anyway for taking the time to answer. Really cool.