Has anyone else been (literally) pinched by the XPS 13? - Dell XPS 13 developer edition / Project Sputnik Feedback - OS and Applications - Dell Community

Has anyone else been (literally) pinched by the XPS 13?

OS and Applications

OS and Applications
Dell OS and Applications Solutions on Dell TechCenter - Project Sputnik, Microsoft Windows, Red Hat Linux, SUSE, Ubuntu, and more

Has anyone else been (literally) pinched by the XPS 13?

• I am often wearing shorts and put the XPS 13 on my legs. If I put it on my legs, and then open it, it pinches me and hurts a lot. I haven't learned and I keep doing it and it keeps hurting. I don't think any design changes should be made because of this--I'm just curious if I'm the only idiot out there that has this repeatedly happen to her?

I'm not quite sure how to respond to this. :P But, even in various states of dress and with hairy legs, this has never happened to me.

--
    Project Sputnik development lead
    Software Principal Engineer
    Linux OS Architecture
    Dell | Client Product Group

• Good to know! I'm not surprised. Thank you for the response.

• It's happened to me a couple of times, plus caught my fingers in the hinge once - that was my own stupid fault though.

• No you are not the only one.   It happens to me all the time and it pisses me off!!!   What a stupid design.

• Yes, thank you for the confirmation, Mathesle! I personally don't think it's necessarily stupid. I think it's just so hard to make things work perfectly when there are such strict size constraints (i.e. keeping everything small).