XPS13 9360 - I2C HID Device not working "The device cannot start. (Code 10)"; "A request for the HID descriptor failed." Touchpad not working - OS and Applications - Forum - OS and Applications - Dell Community

XPS13 9360 - I2C HID Device not working "The device cannot start. (Code 10)"; "A request for the HID descriptor failed." Touchpad not working

OS and Applications

OS and Applications
Dell OS and Applications Solutions on Dell TechCenter - Project Sputnik, Microsoft Windows, Red Hat Linux, SUSE, Ubuntu, and more

XPS13 9360 - I2C HID Device not working "The device cannot start. (Code 10)"; "A request for the HID descriptor failed." Touchpad not working

• Just as the subject title.

Dell XPS13 9360 Kaby Lake

I believe it happened after the Windows Update, though I can't say for certain.

I2C HID Device not working "The device cannot start. (Code 10)"; "A request for the HID descriptor failed."

I've tried Rolling Back, Reisntalling from the Home Image, various drivers, etc, etc, etc

There's got to be something simple going on?

Touchscreen, etc all working - it's JUST the touchpad.

Seems to be an issue that's Googled.

• hello, 

I just received my dell XP 13 9360 2 days ago: I met the same issue - touchpad stop working randomly (it occurred yet during first start-up at windows installation for me) -  please find a related post :

en.community.dell.com/.../20961476

It sounds not good if you look at the final solution ... motherboard replacement. I guess that our brand new computers may have the same corrupted component... 

• This issue is wide spread all across XPS 13 range product, DELL is aware of it for many months, but looks do not have time to address it. I am struggling with it and with dell support for last 4 weeks.

• Same issue on a Dell XPS 15

• As soon as I received XPS 13 9360, same issue I have.

I called dell support team and requested onsite support.

Engineer brought a new touchpad part and replaced in my office. However, even after he replaced,

touchpad was not working, several time rebooting, touchpad working.

But after few days later... same issue I have again.