PE2950 server 2012 trying to add MD1000 - OS and Applications - Forum - OS and Applications - Dell Community

PE2950 server 2012 trying to add MD1000

OS and Applications

OS and Applications
Dell OS and Applications Solutions on Dell TechCenter - Project Sputnik, Microsoft Windows, Red Hat Linux, SUSE, Ubuntu, and more

PE2950 server 2012 trying to add MD1000

• Hi, trying to add an MD1000 to my 2950. Installed a PERC 6/E card, actually tried 2 different cards, but I can't get the 2950 to recognize either. hardware manager shows nothing and Openmanage shows the slots empty. I have tried updating firmware and BIOS for these but I get an error "This update package is not compatible with your system configuration."  The update is "SAS-RAID 3H5G8 WN32 6.3.3-0002,X00" I get the same message for other updates. Further info, I replaced the PCI Express card wtih a new PCI express card and OM says I have slots but no cards. I am going nuts. I have tried a H700 card as well with the same result. I notice the updates I am trying to install off the Dell site say "WN32", but I am a 64 bit OS. Can't find anything else on the Dell site. What am I missing?

• WN32 just means it is using a 32-bit installer, so it will work fine on 64-bit as long as WoW is enabled.

• OK, and WoW should be enabled. Where do I go from here?