windows 10 in inspiron 15 3542 - OS and Applications - Forum - OS and Applications - Dell Community

windows 10 in inspiron 15 3542

OS and Applications

OS and Applications
Dell OS and Applications Solutions on Dell TechCenter - Project Sputnik, Microsoft Windows, Red Hat Linux, SUSE, Ubuntu, and more

windows 10 in inspiron 15 3542

• I am using windows 10 on my dell inspiron 3542 lappy & i am experiencing a lot of problems like slow startup of windows,black screen before starting windows,& lots of other problems.is inspiron15 3542 really compatible with windows 10?

• i know u posted this a week ago. anyway, i got a 3542 also, and it runs great. if ur still having troubles give me a shout out, and maybe we can compare notes or wt ever

• i have to click the power button 3-4 times to start the lappy &there appears a black screen for sometime before starting windows &store is also not working.is this hapenning to u??

• mine works close to perfect.. 

have u done just the upgrade or have u done a clean install?

ive done the upgrade and then the clean install after a week. 

my system now boots in 10 seconds. from the moment i push the power button till i got the desktop, 10 seconds, that is awesome

also did u install all the win 10 drivers that Dell has given us?

here are a cpl things that i have figured out, making my machine run much better.

first of all a cpl things from Dell for win 10, caused me some real problems. so if u have installed all the new stuff from dell, u should try these things, that worked great

in control panel

uninstall program

uninstall

intel rapid storage

intel security assist

intel management engine (that one is big problem, causing the system to not shut down properly)

(some say just downgrade that, im just telling u wt i did)

in control panel, type advanced system settings in search

then click that , to view them

click the hardware tab

click device installation settings

click - No let me choose what to do

click - never install blah blah blah

and i also checked the box under that (not sure how necessary, but mine is clicked)

save

reboot

and lastly, this last thing helped my boot up time big time. from abt 30 sec or so to the ten seconds i was talking about

go to BIOS

and reset to factory defaults (if u havent done the clean install of win 10 u might have to do this again sometime or other) this only helps when u boot. for some reason when i just do a restart, it still take a lot longer. the benefit only applies to a boot

didnt mean to write a book here, but these are true and tested on my machine 

be happy to help with other stuff

dont work for dell, but worked on pc's for a longggggggggggggg time