Reinstall After Failed Windows 10 Upgrade - OS and Applications - Forum - OS and Applications - Dell Community

Reinstall After Failed Windows 10 Upgrade

OS and Applications

OS and Applications
Dell OS and Applications Solutions on Dell TechCenter - Project Sputnik, Microsoft Windows, Red Hat Linux, SUSE, Ubuntu, and more

Reinstall After Failed Windows 10 Upgrade

• I'm trying to reinstall windows and start fresh to get Windows 10 on my machine. There were some issues with my install with some VPN clients and anti virus software that removed all the network adapters on my machine.

The roll back didn't work and now I'm trying to start over from scratch doing a dell backup back from the date I got the laptop  but when I try to activate my version of windows it fails saying the product key doesn't work. I'm assuming Microsoft is blocking my attempt to verify my product. Any ideas on how to get around this?

• Please let me know if you hv any luck.Windows 10  has crashed our 4 month old $700 Dell laptop. Dell are refusing to fix under warranty wanting to charge $160 to fix!!!!! I tried to reset getting an inaccessible boot message and then computer proceeds to undo resinstall changes. Never recommending dell and going back to Apple!!!!