Dell Studio 1749/ problem with Dell DataSafe - OS and Applications - Forum - OS and Applications - Dell Community

Dell Studio 1749/ problem with Dell DataSafe

OS and Applications

OS and Applications
Dell OS and Applications Solutions on Dell TechCenter - Project Sputnik, Microsoft Windows, Red Hat Linux, SUSE, Ubuntu, and more

Dell Studio 1749/ problem with Dell DataSafe

• Hello everyone,

Firstly, I'm sorry if I put message in wrong section. 

I have problem with app Dell DataSafe Local Backup. Namely I can't restore the computer to its original factory state. Every time I run the application and press the button "restore the entire system to factory state..." I have information the computer must be restarted and then the recovery process will start automatically. But after reebot nothing happens.

Secondly If I try restore computer to factory state via F8 button (during boot) I don't have option "Reapair my computer" so I can't do this way also.

I don't have my Windows7 on CD (it was installed on computer since of purchase). I read in one forum that "If you installed 7 by yourself, then you lost the original MBR from Dell and longer recovery does not run with the disc. Only with CD". I remember that I used to do the restoration but I think I still had a guarantee, which is now expired.

Could you help me in some way? 

P.S. sorry for my english ;)

• Dell DataSafe Local Backup is long obsolete. If you are still on the factory settings and can boot into Windows, update to Dell Backup and Recovery 1.8.1.71 and retry:

http://dellwindowsreinstallationguide.com/dell-backup-and-recovery-1-8-1-71/

If it doesn't work and you can't reinstall then its time to upgrade to Windows 10 Insider Preview and use it as a stepping stone to take the upgrade path to Windows 10 RTM out at the end of the month:

http://dellwindowsreinstallationguide.com/download-microsoft-windows-and-office/download-microsoft-windows/download-windows-10-technical-preview-iso/

Philip Yip

Windows Reinstallation Guide and Related Wikies See here for other wikies such as Customising and Using Windows 8.1, Dell Wireless Cards and Unofficial Drivers.