Dell Poweredge 1950 won't install windows server 2003 - OS and Applications - Forum - OS and Applications - Dell Community

Dell Poweredge 1950 won't install windows server 2003

OS and Applications

OS and Applications
Dell OS and Applications Solutions on Dell TechCenter - Project Sputnik, Microsoft Windows, Red Hat Linux, SUSE, Ubuntu, and more

Dell Poweredge 1950 won't install windows server 2003

• I have a Dell poweredge 1950 that was donated to my school, but we can't get windows server 2003 installed on it. I'm new to this whole server thing so I could really use some help. When I try to install it, it says that hard drives not found. I have also tried to install Ubuntu server and I got the same message at the end. I've been told to try and update the bios but I'm not sure how I can do that if I can't get it to start up without windows server or ubuntu. I've tried to boot it to a usb and that hasn't worked either, any help would be greatly appreciated. 

• BIOS, ESM/BMC, and other system firmware can be updated from outside any OS, but that it not what the obstacle is.

Ever get a 7b blue screen or a similar message when installing XP on a desktop or laptop? Same thing - you need drivers.

Which RAID controller is installed? PERC 5/6 or SAS 5/6?