Is my laptop useless in current times?

OS and Applications

OS and Applications
Dell OS and Applications Solutions on Dell TechCenter - Project Sputnik, Microsoft Windows, Red Hat Linux, SUSE, Ubuntu, and more

Is my laptop useless in current times?

• can't get windows 7.txt

Getting errors about browser troubles.

• Since you have a C610 that is 7 years old, it is not recommended to use it with current OS's.  So the answer to your question is yes, you will want to upgrade your hardware to use "current times"  Operating Systems and applications.

• I went to apply from the federal student loan system for a loan or grant.  That where I first noticed a problem.  How about these netbooks for sale?  Would they have windows 7 or xp and I can get online just to do something simple?  I am not trying to watch movies or load up on games.  I had brain surgery.  Can not work now.  I just don't have the money for even a desktop.  So would a netbook, small screen just to get online and apply for a grant be a route to take?

• You don't have to go with a netbook unless you want something that small.  The Dell Outlet has laptops as low as $279 here

• Will my windows office 2000 be ok?  Do I have to buy microsoft word, excell, etc?