The Dell PowerEdge M I/O Aggregator (IOA) is an extremely flexible 1/10GbE aggregation device that is automated and pre-configured for easy “plug and play” deployment into converged iSCSI and FCoE networks. The IOA is an integral component of the Dell Active System 800, a pre-integrated converged infrastructure solution.  

The PowerEdge M I/O Aggregator comes out-of-the-box with 40 x 10GbE ports available through 32 internal ports and 8 external ports.  It also has the option of extending the external capabilities through 2 optional FlexIO modules. The FlexIO modules options include:

• 2-port QSFP+ module in 4x10GbE mode
  • 4-port SFP+ 10GbE module
  • 4-port 10GBASE-T 10GbE copper module (1/10GB, only 1 module per IOA is supported)

One of the best features the Dell PowerEdge M I/O Aggregator offers is out of the box it comes enabled with instant “plug and play” connectivity to Dell and multi-vendor networks.  The PowerEdge M I/O Aggregator comes with all VLANs on all ports with the option to set VLANs.  It is also designed to be ”no touch” with iSCSI DCB and FCoE settings downloaded from the top of rack switch through DCBx protocol.    The Dell PowerEdge M I/O Aggregator supports DCB (protocols PFC, ETC and DCBx), Converged iSCSI with EqualLogic and Compellent (supports iSCSI TLV) and FCoE Transit to Top of Rack Switch via FIP Snooping Bridge.

Resources:

Continue the conversation by following @DellNetworking, @DellConverged, @DellTechCenter and #DoMoreIT