M8024 - ports not working - Networking - Forum - Networking - Dell Community

M8024 - ports not working

Networking

Networking
Learn how to modernize & transform the network with the latest solutions from Dell Data Center, Campus and Wireless networking solutions.

M8024 - ports not working

This question is not answered

Hello,

I have an m1000e with fabric B1 & B2 with a M8024.

My problem is that the first ports on either switch(thus server in slot1) is not connection.  The connection remains offline.  when i switch this server to an other slot (slot 2), port 2  works.  when i switch with another server, the ports also don't work.  I've already loaded a blank configuration, the ports aren't disabled.  Does anybody have an idea what's going wrong.  This is a completely new installation.

Thanks for the help

All Replies
  • That is interesting behavior. what server are you working with? And what mezzanine cards are installed on the server?

What status does the switch show the port to be in?

console#show interfaces status

Have you tried reseating/swapping the switches? What is being used in A1/A2?

Daniel Covey
    Dell EMC | Enterprise Support Services
    Get support on Twitter: @DellCaresPRO

Download our QRL app: iOSAndroidWindows

• Sorry for the late comback, i've been away due to illness.

I'm using M620 with intel 520 10Gb mezannine card/
    The status of the port is enabled but not active.
    I have two identical servers, when i switch them , slot 2 works, but one remains disabled.

the switches in fabric A1/2 are both dell M6348, the switches in fabrick B1/2 are both M8024

swapping the switches makes no difference.

• Thanks for swapping the hardware around like that. we know all the servers and switches work fine in different slots, so this must be an issue with the slot itself. More than likely there is something wrong with the M1000e backplane. Is this chassis still under warranty?

Daniel Covey
    Dell EMC | Enterprise Support Services
    Get support on Twitter: @DellCaresPRO

Download our QRL app: iOSAndroidWindows