How to connect a Dell PowerConnect 5548 switch to a D-Link DIR-651 router - Networking - Forum - Networking - Dell Community

How to connect a Dell PowerConnect 5548 switch to a D-Link DIR-651 router

Networking

Networking
Learn how to modernize & transform the network with the latest solutions from Dell Data Center, Campus and Wireless networking solutions.

How to connect a Dell PowerConnect 5548 switch to a D-Link DIR-651 router

This question is not answered

I want to connect a Dell PowerConnect 5548 switch to a D-Link DIR-651 router. I am guessing I need to install a Dell SFP 1000Base-T Transceiver (310-7225) into one of the SFP+ ports and run that to the router, however I can find no information, on the net,  to support that. Anyone have any info or guidance to offer.  Thanks in advance.

All Replies
  • No need for any transceiver, simply plug one of the 48 ports from the 5548 into one of the 4 LAN ports on the D-Link. If everything is going to be on one VLAN, then there should be no need for additional port configurations.

Daniel Covey
    Dell EMC | Enterprise Support Services
    Get support on Twitter: @DellCaresPRO

Download our QRL app: iOSAndroidWindows

• Hello Daniel,

Thanks for your prompt response. I reset the unit, got it on the network, created a vlan and plugged in the router. I am in business.  This was way easier than I expected .Thanks again.

• Great to hear! glad the deployment was straight forward.

Cheers

Daniel Covey
    Dell EMC | Enterprise Support Services
    Get support on Twitter: @DellCaresPRO

Download our QRL app: iOSAndroidWindows