Teaming (windoes server 2008R2) against DELL6224

Networking

Networking
Learn how to modernize & transform the network with the latest solutions from Dell Data Center, Campus and Wireless networking solutions.

Teaming (windoes server 2008R2) against DELL6224

This question has suggested answer(s)

Hi,

I have 2 DELL6224 switches in Stack (so logically is only one sw). What I need is to make works "Teaming" with a Server windows Server 2008R2.

Is there some special configuration that I must do in Switches? or this is only a Windows server issue?

All Replies
  • Hello,

depending on the type of TEAM you are looking for:

• Active/Active LAG the command is "channel group 1 mode [auto/on]
    • Active/Passive switch fault tolerant (SFT) TEAM, you don't need any special config although i would recommend port fast.

If you choose active/active - you have another choice:

• auto - the switch (and server) will use LACP and will automatically negotiate the link - this is useful so that you don't make cabling errors, it wil only work if both sides are configured properly and plugged into the right ports
    • on - this is a static LAG, make sure you have it cabled propery and the correct server settings :)

Any LAG settings on the switch, need to be the same on the server side - most likely using Broadcom BACS or other nic teaming software (Intel, etc)

So, if you pick Active/Active LACP (auto) - then you need to make sure the NICs are setup to do an LACP TEAM on the server side using the server software

Hope this helps,

Blake

• Ok, can you a template o something like that for use as a guide?. I mean., a template for LACP/ Teaming?

• Here's a good video on how to do it on the server side by the dell techcenter folks:

for the switch, it's only one command listed in my post above "channel group 1 mode [auto/on]"

Blake

• uhmm, but in your previous message you put the following:

"Active/Active LAG the command is "channel group 1 mode [auto/on]" . I can not see "switchport 1 mode" ???

• follow my first post lol

"channel group 1 mode [auto/on]"

I'll edit that post...

• Thanks

• Dear Support,

I need more help refer to Server. It is a DELL R210 server. What I need to configure in this type oof server to make NIC teamin works properly?. I thin a Broadcom software, but, from where I can get this program?. From DELL CD? from Internet?. Is there any tutorial?

• Hi josealiagac

You can get the Broadcom software from here:-

www.dell.com/.../DriverDetails

Once you extracted the file, you should have 3 folders, 1 of them is Driver Management Apps Installer, the Broadcom software will reside here.

For tutorial please follow the video posted by Blade above.

Let us know how it goes.

Manfred W
    Dell | Social Outreach Services - Enterprise

Download the Dell Quick Resource Locator app today to access PowerEdge support content on your mobile
    device! (iOS, Android, Windows)