Does 6248 support Layer 3 Port Channel???

Networking

Networking
Learn how to modernize & transform the network with the latest solutions from Dell Data Center, Campus and Wireless networking solutions.

Does 6248 support Layer 3 Port Channel???

This question is not answered

Does 6248 support Layer 3 Port Channel??? if yes plase sahre the configuration.

All Replies
  • Take a look at page 386 of this user guide: support.dell.com/.../ucg_en.pdf

• Thanks Dennis for the revert but This doc doesn't tell about assigning IP Address to Port/Ether Channel.....If someone can test and confirm this or some one has already implement it.

• Hello Pawan

No, you cannot assign IP's to ports. You can only assign IP's to VLANs. You can assign a VLAN to an individual interface port and then assign an IP to that VLAN.

For example:

enable
    configure
    vlan database
    vlan 10
    interface ethernet 1/g1
    switchport mode access
    switchport access vlan 10
    interface vlan 10
    ip address 0.0.0.0

I didn't double check the commands, so they might be slightly different than what I listed. I would suggest question marking it out if you run into any problems.

Thanks

Daniel Mysinger

Download the Dell Quick Resource Locator app today to access PowerEdge support content on your mobile device! (iOS, Android, Windows)

• Thanks Daniel for the revert...but i am talking here for assiging a IP address to virtual port not to physical port....so that's my question is port chennal/ether channel support to configure the ip address or not?

Thanks

• Hello Pawan

No, you cannot assign an IP to a "virtual port". Please refer to my previous post for more information on what you can assign IP's to on this switch.

Thanks

Daniel Mysinger

Download the Dell Quick Resource Locator app today to access PowerEdge support content on your mobile device! (iOS, Android, Windows)