Does 6248 support Layer 3 Port Channel??? - Networking - Forum - Networking - Dell Community

Does 6248 support Layer 3 Port Channel???

Networking

Networking
Learn how to modernize & transform the network with the latest solutions from Dell Data Center, Campus and Wireless networking solutions.

Does 6248 support Layer 3 Port Channel???

This question is not answered

Does 6248 support Layer 3 Port Channel??? if yes plase sahre the configuration.

All Replies
  • Take a look at page 386 of this user guide: support.dell.com/.../ucg_en.pdf

• Thanks Dennis for the revert but This doc doesn't tell about assigning IP Address to Port/Ether Channel.....If someone can test and confirm this or some one has already implement it.

• Hello Pawan

No, you cannot assign IP's to ports. You can only assign IP's to VLANs. You can assign a VLAN to an individual interface port and then assign an IP to that VLAN.

For example:

enable
    configure
    vlan database
    vlan 10
    interface ethernet 1/g1
    switchport mode access
    switchport access vlan 10
    interface vlan 10
    ip address 0.0.0.0

I didn't double check the commands, so they might be slightly different than what I listed. I would suggest question marking it out if you run into any problems.

Thanks

• Thanks Daniel for the revert...but i am talking here for assiging a IP address to virtual port not to physical port....so that's my question is port chennal/ether channel support to configure the ip address or not?

Thanks

• Hello Pawan

No, you cannot assign an IP to a "virtual port". Please refer to my previous post for more information on what you can assign IP's to on this switch.

Thanks