Cisco 3130 configuration in M1000e chassis

Networking

Networking
Learn how to modernize & transform the network with the latest solutions from Dell Data Center, Campus and Wireless networking solutions.

Cisco 3130 configuration in M1000e chassis

• One drawback I have is that a seperate group must configure the switches. Thus leaving me questioning if they did it correctly.

They say that they have the switches configured correctly, and have created a vlan for me to use for my blades. I have three chassis with fully populated blade servers and the Cisco Switches in the Fabric A slots.

for conversation sake, the switches are set to a management address of 192.168.15.191 thru 196. My vlan would be 192.168.6.xxx. I have one server on each chassis provisioned with the 192.168.6 subnet, and all three of them exhibit the same issue, which is the NIC's on the servers do not see a Network Cable connection.

So my question is, Did I miss something on the blade configuration or are we missing something on the Cisco switch.

I guess an example configuration file of the Cisco switches from a working setup would be helpful.

Thanks,
  • Hi solutionsville,

Have you seen this article- http://www.dell.com/downloads/global/power/ps2q09-20090235-Ansley.pdf ?

• No, however when I did look, it is not what my problem is.

The problem is more basis. The servers do not see the switches. no connectivity at all.
  • Solutionsville,

I currently do not have the Cisco 3130 blade switch in my lab. Working to try and get some in. I've asked some of the blades SMEs- awaiting their responses.
  • "Solutionsville,

I currently do not have the Cisco 3130 blade switch in my lab. Working to try and get some in. I've asked some of the blades SMEs- awaiting their responses."
    Not to worry. I got a different member of our Network team to work with. He is must better to work with that some others.

The problems that they were experiencing or complaining about were fixed in Cisco release 12.4(52)SE

One problem that it fixed was the formatting of the MOTD, or login text if you prefer.

The big problem they were concerned with is that port 23/24 were not keeping the configurations that they put them to. We as a standard hard code the speeds, and do not use the Auto/Auto configuration. We have found that there are problems when Cisco connects to Nortel Routers.