Code for XML Data Extraction in Statistica - Statistica Visual Basic - Statistica - Dell Community

Code for XML Data Extraction in Statistica

Code for XML Data Extraction in Statistica

This question is not answered
I recently saw this video titled 'Reduce Research from Weeks to Hours: Text mining PubMed with XML and Statistica' Can anyone provide the exact SVB code to extract information from a XML file? Thanks KS.
All Replies
  • you are referencing a tutorial from a textbook, Practical Textmining. I imagine that the SVB code is copyrighted material. It would be availible with the book. Here is a link to it on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Practical-Statistical-Analysis-Non-structured-Applications/dp/012386979X

The hard copy edition comes with the materials such as scripts and data sets. The e-book version does not.

• I did the you tube presentation referenced in the original question.  I highly recommend the book, but the SVB code asked about is not included in the tutorial in the book.  Importing XML was something I did in addition to the what was written about in Practical Text Mining.

• What code do you need in addition to what was provided in the webinar?

• I have posted some SVB code on my blog (DManswers.com) that might help you out.